Caledonia Properties

About Us


Construction began in 1906 in 2 phases and the building was completed in 1908.  As noted in the photograph Fort William was a thriving business community with our building located in the heart of it!  Over the years it has been home to many businesses, a few being The Imperial Bank of Canada through the 1920's and into the  50's and Gillis Clothing which was a prominent business for decades.


We purchased the building In April of 2007, with the dream of restoring this "grand dame" and bringing her back to her former glory.  It was a year long labour of love and our dream became a reality.  We were pleased to have Memory Diamonds stay on with us during the renovation process on the 2nd floor.  They have been a tenant in our building for more than 60 years!  


During the 2009 year  we leased out individual offices to commercial businesses, Artists and entrepreneurs.  Please contact us if you wish to join the Caledonia Building Family.   


Currently, our Caledonia Building is a thriving place of business once again, with 16 commercial businesses located within her walls.